Equality Jackson is the first dedicated, publicly advertised organization that is dedicated to the equality, health, wellness, support, and enjoyment of the LGBTQ+ community in Jackson, TN.
We are a bootstrap organization whose name has been around since 2015, but only since June 2019 have we worked on becoming a full non-profit organization instead of an idea.
In June 2019, we developed 2 facebook pages, 2 facebook groups, and an event page with a combined followership/community of 1380 people from the Jackson Tennessee area!
We also designed this site in June 2019.
Equality Jackson is dedicated to support & advocacy of the LGBTQ+ community and providing a safe space & community outreach.
We will do this by:
- Listening to the needs of the community
- Providing a link to necessary social services in line with community goals
- Serving the community in a general sense
- Creating a community center and events for the LGBTQ+ community
We have 501C3 status and are taking donations.
We have several Projects and Events that are meant for the community. To see the full list of events, just visit our Events Calendar.
A few project items we are working on include:
- Community College and High School Outreach Programs
- Volunteer Program: Go into the Community and Volunteer our Time
- Partnering with Memphis and Nashville Communities
- Hosting the best darn Pride Fest Jackson, TN (and surrounding areas) has ever seen.
These Projects are only possible through your generous donations.
- Press Release: Equality Jackson gets 501c3 Status
- Press Release: Proclamation from Scott Conger Read at PRIDE 2nd Organizational Meeting
- Press Release: Equality Jackson now 501c3 Pending
- Press: Equality Jackson under New Leadership
Digital Artwork – Organizational
Digital Artwork – Other
Event Artwork, Photos, Flyers, Etc.